- Things to consider to find the perfect tool for construction project management
- How Lead Generation Is Improved With a CRM System
- GmbH vs. AG – types of Swiss companies
- Esigns Banners: Easy To Install And Will Generate More Interest Among People
- You need to get serious about writing a business plan. Here’s why!
The U.S. Congress has constantly made efforts about small businesses, and small disadvantaged businesses concerns. Many years ago, the Government has designed a program that encourages businesses to participate in the competition for Federal prime contracts; become a federal contractor. This socio-economic program, called Small Business Administration, enables disadvantaged businesses to increase their chances to grow their business. Federal Contract officers are obliged to secure a fair portion of contracts that are designated for businesses that belong to one of the categories under the SBA program. Businesses that are part of SBA set-asides are classified as below:
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB)
- Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSB) and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB)
- 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Businesses
- Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone)
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses
The Importance of Set-Aside Consulting
Businesses that fall under one of these categories of the beneficial program should primarily qualify by meeting certain eligibility criteria. After this, they can compete for Federal contract awards along large established enterprises. Set-asides participants are usually start-ups or companies that have been underrepresented in certain industry domains. To be able to compete successfully for lucrative contracts, it’s better to not try and prepare their proposals by them self. No matter how competent you may be in performing your services or in delivering high-quality products, that doesn’t mean you can convince the decision makers that you’re the best candidate.
There are many firms with extensive expertise and experience to help you communicate your message in a persuasive way. Capture managers will determine whether you have business capabilities to meet the requirements and needs of the contract you want to pursue. After creating a strategic plan on how you’re going to represent yourself to the Federal contract officers and evaluators. Your proposal is your strongest and only “weapon” against your competitors, which apparently happen to be too many. Therefore, it’s your only chance to explain why your solution is the right one. You must understand the importance of professional proposal writing consulting services.
Writing proposals for federal opportunities requires broad understanding and knowledge. You should be able to avoid pitch falls and exploit your strengths to differentiate from opponents. Do you have the resources, subject matter expertise, analysts and professional technical writers that absolutely understand how federal contracts work? Think again and make the right decision. Losing is not failing; but anyway, it can impact the future of your business.