- Benefits of Women Speakers for Women Empowerment Campaigns
- Benefits of Living in Condo and Related Decorative Ideas
- 2019 The best product to sell: Learn why everybody makes money with CBD
- Before Sending Goods Know More About Your Shipping Plans
- Here is how people are making first 5 figure making CBD business
If you are new to SEO, or if it is not your main focus, there might be a couple of tactics that you’re neglecting that could help advance your SEO cause. In this post, we shall be looking at 6 things that you should be doing to improve your SEO performance and the different tools that can help you do them easily.
- Keyword grouping. This refers to the organisation of keywords into clusters for several purposes – to inform the information architecture of your site, for landing page optimisation, or to identify potential opportunities for content development among others. The benefits of keyword grouping include:
- It allows you to improve your SEO and PPC workflow as well as get a better understanding of how each keyword is performing.
- It helps in copywriting, SEO optimisation, organising website architecture and topic selection.
- It can help you customise your landing page based on the most promising keyword groups.
Organising your search keywords into groups is a pretty difficult task even for seasoned SEOs. One way to do it is to put them into groups based on whether queries that use them result in the same URLs appearing in Google’s top ten results.
A large number of webmasters use AdWords Editor or Excel to group large collections of keywords into smaller targeted lists. There are other more specialised tools such as Wordstream Keyword Grouper or SE Ranking Keyword Grouper that can help make the job a lot easier.
- Page change monitoring. Even the smallest of changes could have a big impact on your search ranking. By monitoring page changes, you can discover new changes that could take a toll on your ranking and fix them before they cause any harm. This is not an issue for one-person run sites, but for sites that are accessed by several webmasters, clients or marketing experts; change monitoring is a must have.
For this, you can use a number of tools including ChangeDetection.com, VisualPing or SE Ranking’s Page Change Monitoring. These can also monitor website hacking with some having features to show you detected bad links as well as malicious code.
- Competitor research. Keep yourself informed by monitoring your competitor’s SEO activities starting from search rankings all the way to new links and content. This will help you to find out what they are doing to generate high-quality traffic so that you can develop better web strategies of your own based on the findings. Some of the tools you can use to spy on competitors include SpyFu, BuzzSumo, Ahrefs and
- Long-tail keywords. These are often neglected as they don’t get a lot of traffic. But because of their very specific low-funnel queries, these keywords bring the highest quality traffic – the exact target audience you seek. Finding useful and profitable long-tail keyword variations for your niche or site can be challenging. There are, however,a number of keyword suggestion tools that you can use for this such as WordStream’s free keyword tool and Google’s Keyword Planner in AdWords.
- Mobile rank tracking. Mobile devices are taking up a bigger chunk of all searches with each passing day. This makes mobile metrics important to track. And although Google’s mobile-first index is not fully rolled out yet, it will be soon. Meanwhile, the mobile-friendly algorithm is up and running. It is for this reason that you need to keep a close eye on any mobile changes and fluctuations as well as mobile rankings.
For this, you can use Google Search Console to look up your mobile ranking in the Search Analytics report. From here you can compare mobile and desktop rankings.
- Local keyword ranking. Thanks to the ever-increasing use of smartphones, local searches are becoming more important as people make searches while they are out and about. Make sure to optimise for local search if your services or products are of interest to people in the geographical area you operate in.
Because proximity is a key ranking factor for local search, you need specific tools for local keyword research.Some of the tools you can use includeBrightLocal’s free localised ranking tool and SERPs’ Keyword Rank Checker.
SEO is a highly dynamic marketing field that can be challenging to keep up with. You can, however, gain a competitive advantage by using the latest techniques and tools such as the ones detailed in this post.