Leyland Skips source and supply domestic skips across the northwest and pride themselves on efficient waste disposal services and competitive prices. The cost of skip hire can vary depending on several factors – with some parts of the country being more expensive than others.
5 factors affecting the cost of skip hire in Wigan:
The cost of skip hire depends on where you live. Skip hire in Wigan is often more affordable as the costs of living in the North of the country tends to be lower than they are in the South.
Skips are extremely versatile. They are often left on private property, whether it be your garden or your driveway, but can also be placed on the road. If you’re planning on leaving your skip on the road, you’ll need to inform Leyland skips in plenty of time so they can obtain a permit on your behalf.
- Skip size
Arguably the most influential factor is skip size. Although smaller domestic skips, like the mini and midi skips, are most affordable, don’t be tempted to order one if you know your project will generate much more waste as you’ll end up spending more money hiring a second or third skip.
- Type of waste
Usually, skips are priced for general mixed waste from projects such as commercial clearances, building projects and garden projects. But certain materials need to be kept out of them. These include:
- gas cylinders
Keeping these separate from the materials in your skip will ensure safety and help you to keep your skip hire Wigan costs to a minimum.
- Hire period
The length of time you need a skip can also impact on the cost of skip hire in Wigan. The average hire period is 1-2 weeks, however, Leyland Skips can tailor their services to match your exact requirements.
The longer you hire the skip for, the more expensive it works out to be which is why you need to think carefully about skip size and make sure you order the right one for your project.
Leyland Skips’ top tips for skip hire Wigan:
- Make sure you use a reputable skip hire company
- Compare quotes from (at least) 3 different skip hire companies
- Choose a skip slightly bigger than you need to ensure you have sufficient space
- Always book your skip in advance to avoid disappointment
- Don’t throw everything inside your skip
- Be mindful of stringent regulations
- Make the most of the space you have inside the skip by loading it carefully
- Break items down small to fit more in
- Prevent fly-tippers from dumping their waste in your skip (cover it up or place it on your private property)
- Make sure skips left on the road are visible for road users and pedestrians
Need to know more about skip hire in Wigan? Get in touch with the team at Leyland Skips by calling 01772 957 509 today and they will happily share their expertise.