When it comes to choosing furniture for your office, you should consider the style you want to create. You can find office furniture conforming to different styles. So what are the different styles and what are their key characteristics. There are 4 common styles including traditional, modern, transitional, and classic. Explore their key features so that you should be able to choose the best style matching your requirements.
Traditional Office Furniture
This is a more formal furniture style that stands out for business features like aesthetics, authority, trustworthiness, professionalism, and experience. It is valued for its vintage appeal. Some of the key elements of this style include:
- Heavy wood work
- Deep mahogany tones
- Intricate details
You can often find rich wood grains in the hardware. The most emphasised colours include emerald, ruby, and other jewel shades.
Modern Office Furniture
Modern styled office furniture has more profound clean lines, neutral palette, and uncomplicated aesthetics. Some of their key features of this style are as following:
- It is brighter and more streamlined
- There is an emphasis on innovation and creativity
- The use of colour is often reflective of your brand identity
- The style shows that your company is forward-thinking
- It complements modular and clean style with an open office plan
- There is a more minimalistic approach
There is also an emphasis on efficiency, compactness, and flexibility. Modern styled furniture is the very opposite of the traditional style. There is more emphasis on metal and chrome tones and less on wooden tones. It is recommended to check here for more Info on modern furniture style.
Transitional Office Furniture
This is a popular office furniture style that is currently in trend. It will combine modern elegance with warmer tones to create more welcoming space. It is perfect for brands that pursue flexibility and change because this style can be adapted to ever-changing needs. Modular furniture elements and bright coloured walls are some of the key features of transitional style.
Classic Office Furniture
You should choose classic furniture style for your office if you want to add more depth and character to the space. Some of the key features of this style are as follows:
- There is always a timeless appeal to it
- The style can blend into most other design themes
- Vintage or antique furnishings are an integral part of the design
- You can use this style to convey your company’s image without being too conservative
Whilst these are the major furniture styles used in office spaces, there are many other hybrid options that can go between them. Some of these options are as follows:
- Contemporary Style: There are certain differences between contemporary and modern styled office furniture. Modern style has elements that remain unchanged, contemporary style features tastes that go along with the times. So the focus here is more on the current trends.
- Industrial Style: This style stands out mostly for its increased emphasis on metal framework. Some of the key features include steel, concrete and harder edges. There is a blend of raw, rough, and smooth finish while keeping décor to the minimum.
- Eclectic Style: This style of furniture is more complex in that it features a blend of different styles. An office following this style can have some traditional, some modern, and some other style of furniture pieces. There will, however, always be a common underlying theme, taste, or colour. Multiple finishes and textures can be used and it is often difficult to pull through the perfect design.
- Mid-Century Modern Style: An office furniture style with a retro touch, it is similar to modern style in many ways. It has design elements from the 1950s and 60s. Simple design concepts and clean lines are the key characteristics, whilst it also takes into account the influence of nature.
It is difficult to find offices featuring rustic style furniture, but they certainly have an exotic appeal to them. This design focuses on organic textures and warmth that is typical of nature. So when it comes to creating the perfect office space, it is recommended to consider all these office furniture style options. You may be renovating your office space or building a new office, consider these options based on your preferences, the type of business you have, and the image you want to create.